Sunday, February 14, 2010

saying goodbye & making plans


the ghostly women from McQueen's Fall/Winter 2007 is maybe my favorite look from the designer



the death of of my all time fashion designer Alexander McQueen.
i could believe the news of the death of mister McQueen. he was someone i aspired to be like one day. i could wait to see what fantasy world this man would conjure up from his imaginary. now we'll never know.
the news of McQueen i guess has got me thinking. im just now realizing that if i want to get anywhere in life i need to get out of bed and start hauling tail. I'm finishing up my sophomore year in college and I'm starting to feel the itch for some real life experience. i was thinking of saving up all my dough from now till summer break and move to NYC just for summer or even transfer to a college like the New School and stay indefinitely . but before i can live it up in the city i have to land a summer internship(fingers crossed). I'm hoping to land something related to fashion (of course). maybe interning for a photographer, stylist, fashion designer or fashion magazine, whatever i can get. I'm not totally naive, i am aware that these industry is a prime target for young people looking for internships but it couldn't hurt to try.
so, along with saving my money i will applying to colleges, looking for internships or even better a paid internship or just a plain job in the big apple.
NO MORE PROCRASTINATING FOR ME
PS: Thanks for the inspiration McQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment